The boys, my sis & me.

The boys, my sis & me.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Silence......

It's almost too much to take. LOL

I am so use to the hustle & bustle within my own house, taking kids here and there, being a referee, planning meals, cleaning up messes.... It's not that I don't enjoy the break from my own kids, but damn I miss them. Thank goodness I still have Winston here. There was a time when Winnie use to go with the kids, but I found it too still in the house. So I decided to keep full custody of him. LOL I need something moving in the house, and something to talk to.

So my house is clean, to a point. There is always more chores that could be done. I got a ton of homework that I'm going to go hit after I'm done writing here. It's a beautiful day outside, which won't be like this forever since it's predicted that this winter is going to be a harsh one. Maybe Santa will have to get me a remote starter.. I think I've been a good enough girl to deserve it! Cause it is chilly getting into the van even at -2 at school, as I found out this past week.

I know, it seems like I'm complaining to be all by myself here without my kids. And I do know from being a mom that NEVER had a break from her kids for 8+ years that some people are thinking "WTF are you complaining about?!". Enjoy your break! It's just that chaos is such a part of my daily 'norm' that when all is silent & still it is not normal to me. I thrive on being busy and go go going. I enjoy having many irons in the fire. As you all know, with the kids and the projects I take on all the time I love doing many things at once. So to sit and focus on homework when there is nothing else going on around me is odd. I find that I can't sit still, and have to get up and do this or that, all which isn't as important as my schooling. But busy hands are my way of life.

Speaking of schooling. I am SO excited where I'm heading with that. I can't wait to be in my OHS program! I got a buddy system day coming up on November 10th, where I follow a 2nd year student for the day. I get to pick her brain about what the program is about, where I can go with it, how difficult it is, etc. I'm just so excited that this is where I'm heading. I can't wait to be out in the work force, and doing my thing. I know I'll probably regret saying I can't wait to be out there working when I finally am out there working. LOL But I am looking forward to continuously moving forward with my life and seeing what I can do and where it's going to lead me.

There is a 6 week program that is an accepted program where it's about safety, rules & guidelines. It is one that most companies still accept to hire on their OHS people, which is a conflict with what I'm doing. Since most companies wonder why one would do a 2 year program when one could do a 6 week accredited program and still get hired. Of course as most people could correctly guess, the 2 year program is much more detailed, and involved than the 6 week course. BUT here's the thing. Would it be bad to have BOTH? I'm going to be off of school from April to September in 2011. I am seriously thinking that I might try to do the 6 week course during that time. Then go into my 2 year program come September 2011. I think it might be some what redundant, yes. But to a potential employer it will show that I'm not only interested in my career field, but by doing both, I can say I have both.

And then.... as if that wasn't enough! After I finish my 2 year OHS course at NAIT, go out & get a job, I plan on doing a 2 year part time study of Bachelor of Technology. Which I can do after I finish after I do my 2 year OHS program. Because the OHS program is only a diploma, but once I get the BTech, I will have a degree. Which is directed into getting me into management, and move higher up on the ladder. Since, as those who know me well know, I'm not one to be content at a lower position. LOL I'm made to have power and clout in my life. As said above, I love being busy & having demands put on me. Sorting & organizing stuff, and dealing with deadlines & high pressure. I thrive on being busy, and being needed.  So luckily the BTech is, yes a full time course, but not just that, but it made for people already out there working, so I can do it part time. It allows up to 7 years to complete. I don't plan on taking that long. But I really don't want to wait that long to finish it. Yes, a surprise to some... LMAO (as if!) I am an impatient woman, and don't like to take a long time to finish my projects, or schooling.

So I have plenty of stuff planned. I am going to be a student for a while. But, I'm okay with that. It'll get me to the places I want to be for myself and my 4 loves. I just find it amazing that I'm able to move forward and do this all on my own accord. Just with my brains and hard work, I am going to be able to carve out a terrific life for me & my boys. It's just all so exciting! YAY!!! I love my life and are so looking forward to where I take me & my boys in the future! The boys and I are destined for bigger & better, and great things to happen for and to us.

I know there has been some really shitty times along this road so far, but honestly, if it wasn't for those shitty times, we wouldn't be the strong little family we are now. Sometimes crap has to happen, and one has to be challenged to move forward as a better & stronger person. When your in the middle of it, you can't see that. This I know. But once your spit out the other end, if you can pick yourself up, dust off, and look towards the future, there really is nothing that one can't do. As long as you have the strong will & determination, you can go places. Luckily, I am a huge hard head (stubborn... yes, lol), don't take no for an answer, are a hard worker with great determination and most of all, I haven't given up on myself and what my capabilities are. I guess I could work a minimum wage job for the rest of my life, scraping by, making it hard to make ends meet. Would I be happy, no, would I be content, no, would I think I could always do more in life, heck yeah!

I have had failures in my life, I don't enjoy failing. Some people think 'no one enjoys failing'. But honestly I think some people do. They thrive on the drama it creates for themselves and others around them. I am the only one in my life that can cause success or failure for myself. And I don't plan on failing. No matter what happens, I've literally been knocked down. I could have curled up on my couch and given up. Called it quits, but that's not me. I'm not the strongest person I know, that is my mom, she is the strongest person I know. But I am not the weakest person I know either. No, no examples of who I know that might be weak. LOL That's not nice :)

All I know is I'm happy, content, and so excited to take myself & my boys far in life. I feel good about everything in my life right now. It's great to be me :) Ha ha ha!

Here for those who might be interested are links to the courses I'm taking at NAIT.

OH&S
http://www.nait.ca/program_home_32049.htm
Bachelor of Technology
http://www.nait.ca/31838.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment