The boys, my sis & me.

The boys, my sis & me.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Like a fish.

Lucky article saved itself!! LOL

Other than being pissy, Ewan`s second most talent is swimming... well, and dancing. He`s been able to dance before he could walk, always feeling the music within him (that`s my boy!). But once he started to have baths without being restrained for his own safety it became so apparent that my son should have been born with gills. Ewan LOVES water. He doesn`t get scared in the water, he loves how buoyant it makes him, so he can hop around, and I`m sure he`d stay in there until he was a wrinkled little prune each & everyday if I allowed him!

Now Ethan shares this love of water. But so NOT Aston! Aston was the baby that when the ex & I would take the kids to the pool, Aston would sit in my arms as a little guy (about 1 year old) and just whimper & cry the whole time. It was not a pleasurable experience for Aston. Aston still doesn`t like the water that much. But all three of my youngest are in swimming, for fun & for safety reasons.

Last weekend Ewan went swimming, his swimming day is on Saturday. But when the older boys & I went to go to their Sunday lessons, they were cancelled. For a citywide event of fun & games. I had no clue before arriving, otherwise I wouldn`t have showed. But I did, and they had crafts......

(disclaimer, yes I am a crafty lady, here comes the jokes I know! But seriously, people know I make homemade things, yet, people want to put my children with markers, glue, glitter, etc and TRY to teach them what the final project is suppose to look like.... really...I can`t do that! It`s my kryptonite, I can`t explain why.... but it`s just one of those things I really Really REALLY don`t enjoy. Maybe that`s why I don`t have girls. LOL I`d much rather take my boys to the park for a walk, or playground, but crafts & crafty stuff with MY boys, nuh-uh! Anyways that was a tirade that went so off topic, well maybe not cause of the crafts at the swimming place...)

.....upstairs at the pool. And because I knew Aston was going to be upset about not being able to do swimming and the chick was staring at me like.... `Wha?! Don`t you do crafts with your boys, and wouldn`t that be fun?!?!` I conceded and went to do crafts. Against my better judgement. Did a few and ran out of there to take the kids to Rundle park. Our favourite walking park.

So this weekend I am hoping that the swimming lessons will be on a regular schedule, and that all my boys will get to enjoy their lessons! And that there will be no crafts..... if I could put my order in for a great weekend! LOL ;)

Pics from Ewan swimming last weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment