Well this was an odd Halloween this year. I really wasn't part of any of it for my boys. And that really kinda sucked! But, in the same way, it was okay. Just cause it was different doesn't mean it was bad. I didn't do pumpkins, I didn't decorate the house, I didn't get my boys ready, dressed, fed and out the door... It was kind of like Thanksgiving. It was just different, I wasn't any part of it with my boys. I don't know if I'll relinquish the control over every year. LOL For all of the times that I usually make a big deal out of for my boys.
But then again, I got them for Christmas, for their birthday's, and those are really big things to me. Thanksgiving, Halloween.... yeah I really like to do it up big, and make good memories with those for my boys. But that doesn't mean their father doesn't deserve to have them too and make a fuss over them in his own way for those special times too.
I guess because I didn't have any jack o lanterns, and no decorations up. Just a light on outside, I didn't get very many trick or treaters. And I really hate to say this.... But I was okay with that. Honestly and this might sound rather sucky... LOL... but my feet get terribly cold on Halloween night with our door being open (usually) and I just can't get them warm again. Luckily, I was able to dive under the blankets more than once and for a good long time actually, in between trick or treaters. I got I'd say about 30 kids this year. Which was perfect :)
And then the best part of the evening.... my boys came home!! It was awesome! They looked SO CUTE walking through the door with their candy bags loaded up! So darn cute with my soldier, police officer & firefighter crash banging through the door. They were so proud of their haul! But the ex was smart... yes I'll call him smart when he deserves it. LOL He bagged up most of the kids candy into a shopping bag, per child and left about 10 treats per child in each of their trick or treating bags. So it was actually easy to take most of the kids candy away and put it away to be rationed out at a later time. Which was awesome! No tears! They each had about 4 treats when they came home. Said good bye to their Daddy pretty quickly and then got dressed and went to bed easily. Uh.... WOW! It actually turned out very well. I was really impressed with how easy the evening went.
But even though it was Halloween, and even though the boys got a huge haul of candy, had a great time doing it, and looked so darn adorable in their costumes, as well as the little ones at my door who were just the cutest....
You know what my FAVOURITE part of the night was tonight???
When Ewan & I were sitting side by side on the couch, sitting close, but not quite touching. I looked over at him eating his candy, and in a quiet and calm voice I said easily to him "I missed you".... And in a quiet and calm voice back he softly said "I missed you too momma". :)
No comments:
Post a Comment