Wow am I ever excited! When I talk to people, even people I don`t know they just lift me up so much! I was just talking to a public health nurse about getting my immunizations for next September, and she was just terrific. OMG! She was sending me huge compliments, about being a single mom with 4 boys, going back to school... what a great example I am to my kids, she doesn`t know how I do it all, why my man ever left me cause I`m such a catch (lol)...etc.
My ladies at daycare, I could rave about them all day. They love my boys & I, like we are family. There are 2 owners at the daycare, a mother & daughter, everyday I see them, they are giving me compliments, we laugh together, the mother, she cried when she saw me after my accident with the van, offered any and all help to me after my own mom had to return home (of course, my mom took the best care of me while she was here).
I have girls, my mommy group of school friends, that I laugh & joke with all day, Monday through Friday. We study together, and all four of us are in 2 out of 4 classes together, and 3 out of us 4 in 3 classes & just me & another in our physics class together. We are awesome friends at school.
Then there`s the guys in my classes that I have friendly bets with about marks on tests, which keep me striving for excellence, since of course I don`t want to ever be beat by a guy. LOL But then those same guys will stop & help me understand things I don`t understand and help me to get a great comprehension on the material.
One of my girls, the one that`s in all my classes and I are hoping to go on a girls getaway come next May once we`re done all of our studies... Vegas maybe.... Woo hoo!
And then I have my own family, my four awesome boys who do anything they can for me, from helping with chores to playing quietly while I`m studying when their awake, to entertaining each other while I`m busy.
And honestly, even if I do complain once in a while, the ex and I have a terrific friendship and truly respect each other, care about what`s going on in each others lives, and work towards having happy sons.
And even I, am SO much happier now. I am out being social, by going to school everyday & seeing people. I am working towards difficult, challenging but extremely rewarding goals for myself. I`m getting my education finally, and I`m so serious about it, even with me giggling and laughing all day long.
I am working on personal goals for myself, such as becoming more fit, look & feel better. I mean come on.... how dressed up does a mommy student need to look? But honestly, when I look better I feel better, so I don`t wear yoga pants to school, and I do put on makeup everyday, just little things, I guess....
One goal that I started tonight was starting to run. I really want to do a 5K next summer. So I took Winnie out for a good little jog (3.5km`s) this evening, and felt so good after it, no I didn`t run the whole way, but off and on to start!
Plus I`ve decided that not just to make my application look good for trying to beat the odds for my ultrasound course, but I really want to do volunteer work on the weekends that the kids are with their father. I love seeing & helping others. With my studies being so important it won`t be much volunteer work, but it`ll be some.
I truly feel that I am me again. Not just Cookies wife (now ex wife of course, lol) or my sons mommy. I am Cheryl, and I really love it.
It`s amazing because of the way circumstances seemed to be, for so long in our old town I was depressed and felt so lost & alone. Moving to Edmonton, was truly the best thing I ever did for myself, and for my family. I do wish I could pick up our old house & lot and move it here, lol. LOVED that house & lot. But I will have my own house again one day, and it will be all mine, cause I work for so long to get it, and my name will be on the mortgage.
Oh I`m just so excited for my future, it looks so bright!
But now, back to studying and living in the present.... I also got to get some sleep :) I`m way funnier at school when I`ve had some rest! LOL ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment