The boys, my sis & me.

The boys, my sis & me.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I guess I am human... CRAP!!!

So I was feeling super exhausted today. Just thought it might be brain overload from another full but fulfilling day at school, but then I started to get a headache, and then started feeling flush..... And then... OH NO!

Could I have a fever?

It`s low grade, but still, I`m The Mom, and we all know The Mom is never allowed to get sick or fall ill!!! The Mom is a subhuman creature that can do it all and still come up smelling like roses, with dinner made, a clean house, homework complete & kids ready for school tomorrow!

I am not allowed to get sick! I`m not allowed to be down & out! I have to keep on going... cause who else will, for me, if I`m not going?

So what will I do.... medicate myself and keep on going ahead.... I have a lab to do & another one to hand in tomorrow at school and a Bio test, along with my regular 4 classes. So I don`t have the time to get sick!!! I wish I could feel down & out during the weekends, just like my kids do! But NOOOOOOOO, of course not!

Let`s just blame it on the rain here today,and  the fact that everyone else at NAIT has been coughing, sneezing, and leaving their mucky, ucky germs all over doors & rails, and that I`m unfortunate enough to have the superbug of all superbugs (cause just like men, when I get it, it`s the worst illness ever known to mankind! LOL Ya`ll know you do that! ;) ). And that I will go on.....with plenty of meds & caffeine to carry me through tomorrow until I have to pick up my little men and care for them..... why, you might ask.... right.... cause I`m The Mom, and I get no days off! :)

4 comments:

  1. Okay, first I have to say that your writing is so amusing and I love it! Feel better quickly, Cheryl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie on both aspects :)I had a good nights sleep last night. So other than waking up feeling like an ice cube in an igloo, then wrapping many glorious layers of warmth & comfort around me.... I feel pretty good, and under a deadline crunch to get all my studying done that I didn`t last night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your writing as well you crack me up. I hope you get well and stay well for a while. It is a shame moms never get a break.

    ReplyDelete
  4. May the force be with you and your cup overfloweth with the good brown stuff.

    ReplyDelete