Has it been long enough? Again here comes the apologises! I am so sorry! LOL Well kinda....
I have been super duper busy, the boys & I are all still going to school, the one week that the boyfriend is home the boys & I go to the farm for sleep overs as much as possible. Meaning about 5 out of the 7 nights he's home, well 4 nights, the first night is here at the city. I love the way things are! I wouldn't change them at all! I'm having such a great time right now. I LOVE being out at the farm, and I love being back in the city too. Both are great in their own ways.
Steve built an entertainment stand last time he was home. We were talking about the fact that he had no storage for all the DVD's, and that my flat screen TV had no proper stand. So he said he could build an entertainment stand, so we thought the odd angled corner nook in his front room would look perfect for a built in stand, we started brain storming, and off he went! He built most of it the time before last when he was home, and then put the finishing touches on it the last time he was back in. It is a thing of beauty!! I am so impressed with my man! Made out of oak, he consulted with me which colour stain to put on it, asked me to go buy the handles I liked the best, in case he chose the wrong ones... awwww!!! LOL He is a terrific boyfriend! So now that the entertainment stand is done we are brain storming more projects for him to do. Since he also built the utility shelf for the laundry room that I asked for too last time he was home!! LOL The man like to keep busy & tinker.... so I can find him projects to keep him busy! For sure :)
Of course there are still some challenges, because I changed my career goal from DMS to OHS, I have been reduced to part time funding, which means I lost about $1500 a month in income. But I am making appropriate changes, got some struggles, but are working it through. Chin up right?! I did have a few pity party days, but those are gone and I'm moving forward.
School is going great for Ayden & I. I'm back up to my 90% range.... the whole 70-80% was NOT working for me. LOL Its a personal goal, but I do know I can do better.... so I try to and will and can do it! Plus with only 2 courses, it makes life so much easier!
So now I'm just waiting on a grocery store called Save-On to get back to me about an in store interview, I did a phone interview, which I did terrific on. So now to move onto the in store interview. I hope all goes well with that! I'm also going to apply to the small grocery store I use to work for here in Edmonton called Sunterra. It is the place I first got a job when I first moved to Edmonton in 2001!! Where I worked when I met my ex, and ended up working there when I was pregnant with Ethan, if that helps to make one understand how long ago that was!! LOL A few hours weekly there will definitely help with the families income!!
If you saw on FB I took the teens to a comedian tour with Larry the Cable Guy, Jeff Foxworthy & Bill Engvall. It was awesome. Unfortunately I missed most of the show. My 1st choice babysitter didn't show, so at the last minute I ended up getting another awesome girl. But that made us a half hour late to the show. I dropped the kids off by the door with their tickets in hand & they ran in. But parking still took me another 45 minutes.... So I missed all of Bill, most of Jeff, but caught Larry & all of them at the end. It was still way funnier than all get out, and an awesome experience with the teens. Steve was up in Ft. Mac working... so he couldn't come... Too bad! Another time.
But last weekend, Steve, myself & the teens went out to see a movie. No strings attached. The teens sat closer to the front, and Steve & I chose to sit at the back of the theater... well they could hear Steve & I laughing over everyone.... sooooo maybe it's a good thing that we didn't go to the comedy tour together since Bailey thought I was loud there.... the two of us would probably have drown out everything else at Rexall! Ha ha!
Ewan had a tough fever for Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday this week, Aston threw up in his sleep last night... But he has no show of it being a problem for him today... fingers crossed!! So hopefully we can move forward and not be a merry go round of sickies!! PUHLEASE!!!!!
The only kids I didn't mention in this blog was Ethan or Cody... LOL Cody is a good kid. Was throwing up & super sick on Monday and still went in & wrote his English test! What a good boy! And Ethan.. oh my Ethan! He is my love, but I am going to sew his damn mitts/gloves to his damn jacket!! Ha ha! He has gone through so many gloves this winter. He has my good cold weather pair with his name on them. And my fingers freeze at -30 waiting for the van to warm up at school after sitting for 6+ hours! Erg! LOL Kids!! Good thing he is such a good boy too!!
Well how about some pictures & videos now & I shut up ?! Yeah that's a good idea.... well more posts & pics to come next month!!
So here is the entertainment stand I was talking about in progress & finished. With a picture of the man working on it :)
Some pics of the kids when they were up to go to the comedy tour.
Boys at my school (pro D day for them) waiting for me to get my stuff done! Nice face in the first pic Ewan.
Stan at the farm with Cody's helmet on looking at his new quad toy! Uh-Oh... it begins!
My honey took me out for lunch. I've never had Caesers before until the last time we went to BP's. And now I love them! He's busy looking at toys on Kijiji! LOL
Oh these pics... I love them! I wanted a nice pic of the two of us, so I got Ayden to take this pic... well... he made a face when I was looking at the camera! What a looser! I *heart* him so much ;)
And the nice pic, after laughing lots at the last one... well now who's got the last laugh Sneve|?? Your silly face is on my blog!! Ha ha.. he won't care!
Took a few pics of me in a couple different shirts for doing job interviews.. I like to take pics like this to see how I look in outfits before I run out the door & could look really bad! But as of this morning... I have officially lost 52 pounds :) YAY me! I'm so happy! Just 28 more to go!
And my van turns 130,000km's!! I've had her since she had about 5km's on it! And yes I take care of her. Steve just did an oil change on her on Tuesday! What a man I got!
You look GRATE, Good on ya. Hope your job intervue works out well.
ReplyDelete