So today was all of our first day back at school after Christmas holidays...
It went alright. This is the first semester that I have class at 8:15am. Since I've been attending NAIT all of my classes have started at 9:15, 10:15 (some days) & 11:15 (on the truly glorious days). But NOPE, not this semester!! This semester everyday starts at 8:15... Monday through Friday. Good Morning to me & the boys. Not a terrific trade off for a girl who is usually a night owl. But the trade off is I am done at Noon, Mon-Wed. 11am on Thursdays, and 2pm on Fridays.... which having to wait around last semester for 1 & 2 hours between classes.... wasn't that great. So I will get our asses hustling earlier in the day to trade off for being off of school all afternoon! Oh yes!!
However.... this morning was a lesson learned in organization. I got up at 5:45am. I thought that would be early enough.... it kinda sorta was. But I wasn't organized.... so it wasn't enough time. If I had made lunches the night before & laid out the boys clothing as I like to do the night before... it would've been much smoother... but I didn't and it wasn't... lesson learned :) We got out the door at about 7:15... not good!
Today I came home and did a huge tidy. Main floor, laundry, kids rooms, bathrooms, bedrooms, etc... I also did my workout video... as those whom saw my post on FB saw, I fell asleep on the floor about 2/3 into my workout for 20 minutes. LOL Ahhh well :) But it was a productive day, and felt SO GOOD to have my chores all done & ready for the kids to come home this evening.
Now tonight, I have done my homework, I am about to scoot off to make lunches, and set out clothes... which is really no big thang... yes... I meant to write thang... all to make my life a easy transition in the morning.
Here's the plan... and I will never tell you all if it doesn't work out this way... so don't be too concerned if I succeed or fail! LOL
4:45-5am wake up, get tea & water
5-5:45am do workout video
5:45-6am shower
6-6:30am dress, dry hair, me teeth & face put on, organize backpacks, start van, get kids up
6:30-7am dress kids, feed them breakfast, kids teeth & face
7am OUT THE DOOR
Pray, dance, leave offerings.... do whatever you have to do to help me to make this easy... Damn!! My Mom & Don bought me an easy button from Staples.... well crap... I shoulda just pressed that instead writing out all this garbage... Bahaha!! I WISH!!!!
The only hitch in this plan would be to scratch out the 4:45am workout... and reset the alarm to wake me at 5:45, and continue on from there with the shower...etc and skip the workout until the afternoon when I return home.... and we all know my workout consists of sleeping through 1/3 of it... so really... is that really so bad?!
I don't think so at 4:45am ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment